I am thrilled that Ana Ela of The Habitual Runaway has nominated me for The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! How cool to be counted in with so many talented women bloggers. I thoroughly enjoy Ana’s blog, which is full of great writing and stories of her travels through Europe — particularly the UK and Ireland. The blog is “a Canadian Interpretation of International & Local Exploration.” Plus, she’s a veteran traveler and not afraid to share her “travel oopses,” which of course, I always love to read.
The rules for accepting the award are as follows;
▪ Provide a link and thanks to the bloggers who nominated you.
▪ Answer 10 questions.
▪ Nominate 10 blogs that you find a joy to read.
▪ Provide links to the blogs and inform the recipients they have been nominated.
▪ Include the award logo within your post.
1. Your favourite color? — orange
2. Your favourite animal? — I’m a big fan of primates. I was a junior zookeeper for a summer at the Santa Barbara Zoo in California and I loved to watch the gibbons and lemurs swing. I really want to visit Malaysia and an orangutan rehabilitation center.
3. Your favourite drink? — Lots of coffee and a good dark beer like a Stout or Scotch Ale (but not together with the coffee)
5. Your favourite pattern? – I generally love stripes, and I have a tendency to always shop for shirts with stripes. Chevrons, I’ve decided, are a nice variation, however.
6. Do you prefer getting or giving presents? – Actually I prefer giving presents (but I definitely give myself presents, too.) I love getting presents that my kids pick out or make for me.
7. Your favourite number? – 24
8. Favourite day of the week? – Friday. It’s just so engrained from working M-F and from pop culture (TGIF!!).
9. Favourite flower? – Plumerias and wildflowers. When we were vacationing in Bali, I wore a plumeria in my hair every day. I like wildflowers because my husband, Kurt, would always pick them for me and explain to me what each one was when we were first dating.
10. What is your passion? – Writing, travel and photography although I’m definitely not trained as a photographer.
10 Sisterhood Nominations;
Blogs I enjoy, in no particular order…
3. The Japans
5. La Vagabond
7. Tall Tales
Thanks again, Ana, for nominating me for the sisterhood, and sorry I haven’t had my act together to get this up sooner!