I am thrilled that Ana Ela of The Habitual Runaway has nominated me for The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! How cool to be counted in with so many talented women bloggers. I thoroughly enjoy Ana’s blog, which is full of great writing and stories of her travels through Europe — particularly the UK and Ireland. The blog is “a Canadian Interpretation of International & Local Exploration.” Plus, she’s a veteran traveler and not afraid to share her “travel oopses,” which of course, I always love to read.
The rules for accepting the award are as follows;
▪ Provide a link and thanks to the bloggers who nominated you.
▪ Answer 10 questions.
▪ Nominate 10 blogs that you find a joy to read.
▪ Provide links to the blogs and inform the recipients they have been nominated.
▪ Include the award logo within your post.
1. Your favourite color? — orange
2. Your favourite animal? — I’m a big fan of primates. I was a junior zookeeper for a summer at the Santa Barbara Zoo in California and I loved to watch the gibbons and lemurs swing. I really want to visit Malaysia and an orangutan rehabilitation center.
3. Your favourite drink? — Lots of coffee and a good dark beer like a Stout or Scotch Ale (but not together with the coffee)
4. Facebook or Twitter? — Facebook (TravelOops), and I’m on Twitter (stephg@traveloops) but I definitely don’t feel as competent at tweeting. I feel a bit awkward as a tweeter!
5. Your favourite pattern? – I generally love stripes, and I have a tendency to always shop for shirts with stripes. Chevrons, I’ve decided, are a nice variation, however.
6. Do you prefer getting or giving presents? – Actually I prefer giving presents (but I definitely give myself presents, too.) I love getting presents that my kids pick out or make for me.
7. Your favourite number? – 24
8. Favourite day of the week? – Friday. It’s just so engrained from working M-F and from pop culture (TGIF!!).
9. Favourite flower? – Plumerias and wildflowers. When we were vacationing in Bali, I wore a plumeria in my hair every day. I like wildflowers because my husband, Kurt, would always pick them for me and explain to me what each one was when we were first dating.
10. What is your passion? – Writing, travel and photography although I’m definitely not trained as a photographer.
10 Sisterhood Nominations;
Blogs I enjoy, in no particular order…
3. The Japans
5. La Vagabond
7. Tall Tales
8. The Geographic Lens and Geophilia
Thanks again, Ana, for nominating me for the sisterhood, and sorry I haven’t had my act together to get this up sooner!
Wow, this is exciting, good for you. I saw the title and thought how appropriate. As I was reading I ran across my blogs, I was stunned. I haven’t gotten your notice yet so I’ll thank you in advance. What an awesome honor from the queen of oopses.
Sorry, Ana — I thought I had let you know when you nominated me for the Inspiring Blogger! I’ll be writing up that post as well.
I’m with Ana, You ARE Queen of The Oopses! (love that title!) and a most excellent and entertaining blogger too! Congratulations on your award 😛
My heart always lifts when I see the notification in my email in-box that you’ve written a post. I think to myself ‘Hello, what’s that nutty Mrs up to today ?…’
and now Holy Macaroni! ‘that nutty Mrs’ has nominated me for an award….I nearly toppled off my chair.
Thank you dear Steph, I feel very flattered that you have chosen me as one of your nominations. What a great start to my day XXX
Thank you, Lottie! I am so lucky to have your support and encouragement. And — I love your blog. It brightens my day to read your posts. xxxx
Congrats, Steph! Very well-deserved. And thanks so much for passing the recognition on to me. 🙂
Thanks, Julie! I sort of botched the order since I was supposed to let you know about this according to the rules. So, here it is: I’d love to nominate you for Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award since I love your writing!
Ooo that was a really nice surprise, thank you! Useful info too, I have picked up your Facebook page, and will have a nosey at the other blogs in your list. Thanks Steph! 🙂
Thanks, Hayley — I really enjoy reading your blog! It makes me want to go to New Zealand, big time! Thanks for your support and encouragement. By the way, I won’t be offended if you don’t want to do the whole rules thing with the award. Cheers! 🙂
I am nominating you back!!!!
Amy, again — I’m just so psyched that you like the blog! I really respect you as a writer and journalist. Thank you so much! By the way, any chance you will be in Melbourne during the week of 24 March to 29 March? I’ll be there that week courtesy of Lonely Planet (I won a trip, and I’ll be in Adelaide and Melbourne!) I know you’re based in Sydney, but I didn’t know if you might have business in Melbourne.
At any rate, it would be cool to get coffee with you or some Malaysian food — since your recent post has made me somewhat obsessed with Malaysia!
Pingback: PragueByKaty 100 Posts | PragueByKaty